Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday - Which is easier, declaring forgiveness or healing?

Then the scribes and the Pharisees began to question, "Who is this who is speaking blasphemies?  Who can forgive sins but God alone?"  When Jesus perceived their questionings, he answered them, "Why do you raise such questions in your hearts?  Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Stand up and walk'?"  Luke 5:17-26

Burtness shares a prayer loaded with good things for us to pray:

Lord Jesus, you have the power to forgive, and I ask your forgiveness for the hurtful things I've done and the things I should have done.  Give me the grace to let go of resentment and the strength to forgive others.  You have the power to heal, and I ask for healing of my body, mind, and spirit.  Give me the perseverance to bring others to you, in spite of the obstacles.  To the glory of your name.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment